For me this soup is a summer on my plate – Thai coconut curry soup. Whenever I see it on the restaurant’s menu, I always order it, because eating it brings me so much joy. Especially now, when we’re not able to travel and discover new flavors, all we have is our imagination and flavors that bring back fond memories of holiday.
It’s great that this soup is exotic, smells beautifully thanks to curry, coconut and coriander, and it will take you no more than 20 minutes to make. All flavors come together here, the sweetness of coconut milk, sour lime, spicy and salty curry paste flavor, it’s a miracle, not a soup!
CURRY PASTE – watch out for its spiciness, if you do not like spicy dishes, I advise you to use only one spoon at the beginning, and if the color is too pale, you can add turmeric and paprika. I recommend adding the paste gradually to hit the point with your preferred soup hotness.
RICE NOODLES – I used flat ribbon noodles here because they have a nice shape for this soup. If the soup is your main course, you can add 100g of pasta to your soup per serving (it has about 330 kcal), if you want the soup to be an appetizer, give up the addition of tofu, and even 40g of pasta (or not at all) will be enough.
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 1L of broth
- 2 teaspoons of red curry paste
- ½ onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ lime juice
- 4 larger mushrooms
- a handful of green beans
- ½ red pepper
- fresh coriander
- flat rice noodles
- 1 tofu (when the soup is your main course)
- sesame seeds for decoration
THAI COCONUT CURRY SOUP – PREPARATION
- Start by frying the chopped onion with a dash of oil for a few minutes. Then add finely chopped garlic, ginger and curry paste to it.
- After about 5 minutes, pour in the coconut milk and broth and mix it all together. Add chopped mushrooms, green beans and red pepper sliced into sticks.
- If the soup is too thick, add water or broth. Season with salt to taste. Finally, sprinkle the soup with lime juice and the soup is ready. If you have decided to add your diced tofu, add it right now, when the soup is no longer cooking.
- Boil the pasta and put it in a bowl, pour hot broth on it, decorate with coriander and sesame seeds. Voila!